Meet the newest Horton:
Loo Loo (or just Loo)
She’s actually the one that found us late last Thursday night. Jared was going out to run to his office around 11:30 pm to pick up something he left there. Right before he was going to leave, we heard some scratching at the front door. We didn’t think anything of it since we couldn’t see anything out the peephole in the door. About a minute after Jared left, he opened the door and was backing in, crouched, with his hand out like he was trying to lure something inside. Then I saw little Loo, sitting outside, shaking and scared with her tail between her legs. We brought her inside and gave her some water and a little piece of bread.
The night we found her
She didn’t have a tag on her collar saying what her name was or who she belonged to so we weren’t sure where she came from. We decided to post a couple flyers around the neighboring apartment buildings saying we found a puppy and to call us to claim her. We were going to Idaho for the weekend, so Jared’s friend Brandon agreed to be the puppysitter.
All weekend, and no calls for little Loo.
We decided that if no one claimed her, we were going to keep her instead of taking her to the humane society. I’ve wanted a dog my entire life, so how perfect was this that she just fell into our laps?
Well, Monday afternoon I was taking her for a little walk over to the mailboxes during lunch. All of a sudden I hear:
“Hey! Did you find that dog?”
My heart sank. I had grown attached to our little Loo and figured if no one had claimed her after 4 days, she was going to be ours.
“Yeah, we did. She was outside our apartment on Thursday night. We posted up flyers, but no one called…”
“Oh my gosh, that’s our dog. I’m so glad somebody found her!”
I was getting ready to just hand over the leash and walk away. But, this lady was so happy that someone had found her and given her a home, that she said we could keep her! She said she looked really happy and healthy and she insisted that we keep little Loo (which her real name was ‘Tila’…as in ‘Tila Tequila’…hmmm we’ll stick with Loo). We also found out that she’s half hound, half boxer and she’s about 9-10 weeks old. She hasn’t gotten her shots yet, so we’re going to go do that this Saturday.
She is such a sweet, well-behaved puppy and she loves to cuddle and sit in our laps to take naps. She also gets the hiccups a lot which is just adorable. And, as an added bonus to all of this, she’s almost housebroken! She has only had a couple accidents in our house (none of them have been number two, thank goodness) but she’s learning very quickly where it’s OK and not OK to go potty.
We love our little Loo Loo!



4 comments:
She just let you keep him? What a whack job. Glad Loo has you guys!! Are you bringing her to CO for the reunion??
She is so cute! I'm sure you are the best mommy ever!
She is adorable! Congratulations on your first cute little puppy. :)
I know you've always wanted a dog, I bet you're so excited! She's a cutie. Have fun!
WOW! what a great story, she is so cute! I would have kept her too! I don't think Jared would of been ok with it but oh well.
You guys are such nice people to take her in like that! I hope you guys have fun and we can babysit anytime! ;0)
Post a Comment