Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 2: Monday, May 4. Fun Day at Sea.

Today was a “Fun Day At Sea”, or in other words, a day to lounge around the boat and eat a lot. Didn’t do much today other than just that. We laid out in the sun on the deck, played a little poolside BlackJack, and swam in the pools (which were disappointingly small, but not very salty which was a huge plus!). Jared went down the water slide they had on the ship, and said it wasn’t worth the long line so I decided not to go. Something about waiting in a long line in the hot sun just to get a water wedgie wasn’t very appealing to me…

As we lounged on the deck, we heard announcements about a hairy chest competition coming up. We could NOT miss that! It was a lot of middle-aged, hairy (and not just hairy in the chestal area….some of them looked like they were wearing fur shirts), jiggly men dancing around to songs like “I’m Too Sexy” and “I'm Bringing Sexy Back”. They had to dance their way down a staircase and onto the stage. One guy was a bit too tipsy for his own good and took a little tumble down the stairs during his 5 minutes of fame. Another guy was nicknamed “Chewy” (like Chewbacca) by the host because he was so stinkin’ hairy. I don’t remember what the prize was for the winner, but hopefully it was worth the jiggling and gyrating they had to do for the crowd.

I didn't get any pictures of the hairy man competition, only videos, and I don't think I should post them :) So you get a picture of the reggae band that played on the deck instead.

And here's a picture of the EXTREMELY tall lobby on the ship.

After our afternoon in the sun, we went back to the room and got dressed for dinner. Scrumptious as usual. We went to a show after dinner with lots of singing and dancing, including 5 guys dressed up like the Village People. Very entertaining.

After that we went back to our room and........zonked out for the night (thought I was gonna say something else, did you? Naughty.)

Every night when we'd come back for dinner we'd have a little towel friend waiting for us. Here's our first one:

Towel animal of the day: ELEPHANT!

No comments: