Thursday, February 5, 2009

FAQ's

Wedding Details
Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Draper Temple, UT (the new one on South Mountain) The view of the valley from up there is breathtaking. We also went to the open house a few weeks ago and it’s beautiful.
Receptions: One here in UT (on May 2) and one in CO (date TBD); locations are unsure
Honeymoon:
We both REALLY want to go on a Mediterranean cruise, but those are pretty pricey…We may need to find an alternative.

Story behind the blog header picture: We were taking pictures up at the SL temple for Jared’s sister’s wedding on Dec 27 and it was FREEZING cold outside. Being the extraordinarily prepared person that I am, I decided it would be a good idea to wear a skirt, no tights, and open-toed shoes in 10 degree weather. My feet were on the verge of death by frostbite, so Jared said I could wear his shoes for a while. Everyone got a kick out of it and we thought it looked funny, so we took a picture. He could actually walk pretty well in those heels….should I be worried?

Picture of the bling:

And now a few questions for you:
What was one thing you did for your wedding (either in planning it or in executing it) that you would recommend doing again? Anything you did that you wish you would’ve done differently?

If you hate giving unsolicited advice, here’s your chance!

11 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

Wow. I love that ring. Seriously, so pretty. Nice job. :)

The thing I would NOT recommend doing doesn't really apply to you guys. If you remember, we got married in the morning and then had to drive four hours and then had a reception that night. I wouldn't do that again. I would've rather just relaxed and enjoyed a slow wedding day and done the reception a day later.

The thing I WOULD recommend doing is having someone pack up some food for you from the reception. Most likely you won't get to eat anything, and then you won't have to go to Taco Bell at 10 pm like we did. ha. :)

THE SMITHS said...

Don't worry about it being expensive! I worried so much on my wedding and what it would look like and my hair didn't turn out and I hated my shoes and I was kind of depressed. But I think that if you just enjoy it and do alot of dancing and make it about you and Jared then it will be all you wanted! Pictures are a must and a wedding viedo was the highlight of my wedding! I look back at it all the time and it still takes me back to that special day! I have a wedding viedo person who is the best and cheap! she did ours for 300 and it was amazing! Just relax! have fun!

The Perkins Family said...

Nice bling! Very pretty and BIG! Have you picked out your wedding band yet? As for wedding tips...
I agree that you should get a wedding video. We have one too & I'm sooo glad we do. It's so fun to go back and watch it. Also, take lots and lots of pictures (which I'm sure you will). You'll be so sick of smiling by the end of the day that your mouth will hurt, but you'll be glad you have them years from now. We had our reception on a different day than the wedding, but since you're having yours on the same day I would recommend not partying too long into the night. I was sooo tired after our reception & my legs were so sore from standing in line and talking to everyone all night. And I would make sure to be picky about your photographer. I wasn't too big on the planning phase & just picked the first photographer I found. The pictures were pretty nice, but the ones my uncle took were a lot nicer than the ones we paid big bucks for. That's about it. Good luck with all the planning. Mostly just enjoy it cause you're only going to do it once!

Kevin & Amber said...

YAH!! Congrats that is so exciting!! It about time huh! The proposal story is so sweet and your ring is gorgeous. Kev and I just ran into Kathy and Dirk and they gave us your new blog address. My advise to you is to not stress on your wedding day and just kick back and have a good time, also take so time to eat. Kevin and I didnt eat all night because we were so busy talking to everyone, by the time we left we were STARVED!! We stopped at PF changs to eat dinner at like 10PM on the way to our hotel. Let me know if you need anything at all! Our blog is kevinandambersmith.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I wouldn't be as picky a second time around. I stressed about a lot of the reception details, and it honestly didn't matter. Get a nice dress, bouquet, and have your hair done exactly how you want it (I hated mine...boo) and the rest is crazy unimportant. Oh, and write your thank you's right away. We did that and so many people complimented us on our timely response. Made it even easier to take their presents. :) ha!

Stephanie said...

Oh! And get both of your teeth bleached if you haven't in a while. White dress...yellow teeth...bad mojo. (I have no idea if you really need to or not, I'm just sayin...)

Justin said...

Stephanie, Emily clearly has more than two teeth. I recommend that she get them all bleached, if necessary.

To second what GordonandChrissy said, we did something unorthodox for our reception: we had it the night before! Then we got married in the morning, and were fresh and energized to go read scriptures together the rest of the day.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Bain said...

Emily, I need to hear more about your life. Please write more!!!! xoxo, Laura

wray and nat said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!

Jen said...

Some of the best advice we were given before we got married was that it was going to be OUR wedding day - the beginning of our forever together - and to not let anything make us stressed or sad. Several things did happen, like slamming my train in the door and getting a huge grease stain on it (to which a bunch of temple workers scrubbed it out during the ceremony), the glass temple to top our cake shattered, my new in-laws were 15 minutes late showing up to the sealing and almost missed it, and a few other things... but despite it had a WONDERFUL wedding day... because we chose to.

Have a wonderful, happy wedding day!