Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We're ENGAGED!

Huh? What? Am I dreaming? No, you're not. We are officially engaged!!! After 3 1/2 years (almost 4) we're FINALLY tying the knot!

Now, first things first. If you're wondering "Hey, where the heck did your other blog go?" Well, that's a very good question. And if anyone with blogger is reading this, please, tell us where our blog went! To make a long story short, we don't know what happened to our blog. Still pending results... But, we are starting anew; THIS is our new blog address (mrandmrshorton.blogspot.com). So if you have a link on your blog to our blog, please update it. We're trying to gather everyone else's blog addresses so I can put up all the links on the sidebar so I don't have to type in everyone's addresses manually to stalk them like I have been for the past month. So...if you comment, please provide your blog address if it's not already listed (which is just siblings right now).

OK, back to the juicy stuff.

Jared proposed last night, and boy oh boy, was it romantic. Following tradition, he first got the green light from my dad when we went out there for Thanksgiving. Then we started ring shopping around Christmas time and finally found a ring about two weeks ago, so I knew this day would be coming soon.

Two weekends passed with no proposal and I was getting really frustrated that he was TAKING SO LONG. I guess he wanted to make me sweat this thing out. Last night, he called me at work and told me he was going to have to work a little later than normal because they had a flood called in (no red flags, that happens a lot). So I told him just to call me when he was done. He called me around 7:45 and said that he just got off work, and I could come over now. I walked in his door and saw long-stemmed roses and rose petals scattered on the floor (along with candy and packs of gum…oh man, he knows me so well). All the lights were off and there were about 30 or 40 tealight candles lit everywhere. He had music playing on his laptop, in fact I think Toni Braxton was playing when I walked in, but Jared was nowhere in sight. I wandered around peeking around the corners to see where he was, but I couldn’t find him. Then I saw on his TV a picture of us in Island Park from when we first started dating. Over the picture, there was writing that said, “Emily, the love of my life. Will you marry me & be mine forever?” Then I turned around and there was Jared with the ring! He got down on his knee, actually both knees I think, and ‘popped the question’. I said yes of course and when he gave me a hug I could feel his heart practically beating out of his chest. He gave me a bouquet of lilies and a card he made for me and we sat down for a candlelit dinner of steak and potatoes. But we were both so excited that we only finished about half of it. We couldn’t wait to tell everyone the highly anticipated did-I-mention-how-long-we-dated news!

We’re excited to start the next chapter of our lives as Mr. and Mrs. Horton.

16 comments:

Trevor said...

Congratulations! Our blog is:
http://trevorandlindsay.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

When?
Where?

The Perkins Family said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you guys!!! Do you have any official plans yet? Date, place, reception, honeymoon? I want to know everything. My little Princess Nicottahand (is that how we spelled it?) will be no more! And by the way you are looking very skinny in your picture. Keep me updated on the wedding plans. Congrats again! Woohoo!
P.S. My blog address is
www.cameronandalicia.blogspot.com

GordonandChrissy said...

We are SOOOO excited for both of you. And I love the new blog address, you're so cute. :)

And Emily, you do look great! I'm not surprised, it seems like every time I talk to you, you're kicking bootie at the gym. Way to go! Keep us updated on all of the planning, etc. And have fun! It's so fun to get everything ready and shop around. :)

Oh, and let me know if you want me to sew us all some matching puffy sleeved, teal dresses for the wedding. ha.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Emily (& Jared)! How exciting for both of you. I agree with Aunt Leslie- do you have a date set yet?
www.skabelund.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Wow! Very exciting news! Love the new name of your blog, and what a great 1st post for it! lottakidsinc.blogspot.com

(oh, and if that happens to my blog I would be so sad... this is my journal!!)

Wray Dix said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BLING BLING

Mandy Coffey said...

WOW-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CONGRATS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Sew-n-Sew said...

How about a close-up picture of the ring!

katieo said...

Congratulations you guys!!

Tricia L said...

YAY! Congrats! FINALLY!

Meg Cook said...

Congrats! It's about time! jk Let us know when the big day is!

Carolyn said...

Emily! It's Carolyn- I'm totally a blog stalker haha. I just had to say congratulations!! hooray!

THE SMITHS said...

WOW! I love that story it gave me goosebumps! I am so excite for you! I kept saying Jared what is your problem! marry emily and don't lose her shes one of a kind and you will regret it! I love you both!CONGRATULATIONS!!!

T and B said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! We are so sorry about your blog!

www.tomandbethany.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

I am so stink'n glad I finally found your blog! YAY! Congrats! Holy Cow! I couldn't believe it when I read it, because, of course, I was one of those people saying: will it ever happen? And, boy am I glad it is. Can I come to the reception? Is that rude to ask? The proposal was super romantic, and a nice dinner of steak and potatoes, yum.

My blog address is kjchase.blogspot.com.

YAY :)